Your private city tour of Samarkand, led by an experienced, local guide, will include the following:
Tour duration: approximately 6 hours
- Tour of the spectacular Registan Square, the social and commercial center of Samarkand for centuries. The square includes three madrasahs: Ulugbek Madrasah (15th century), Sher-Dor Madrasah (17th century) and Tilla-Kori Madrasah (17th century);
- Walk along a boulevard lined with workshops and souvenir stores to reach Siab Bazaar, where you can sample or buy sweets, fruits and Samarkand’s famous bread;
- Visit Bibi Khanum Mosque, built by Tamerlane for his favorite wife;
- Explore Shakhi Zinda (Living King) complex, constructed gradually between the 9th-14th centuries. Climb the blue-domed path and explore more than 20 small mausoleums that line the broad alleyway;
- Continue sightseeing at Mausoleum of Gur-Emir – the resting place of Tamerlane and Ulugbek;
- Drive to the Ulugbek Observatory to see the remains of a 14th-15th century sextant; tour the Ulugbek museum.