On your day tour to Shakhrisabz, you’ll be accompanied by an experienced local guide from your Samarkand hotel to Shakhrisabz and back, guided through all of the noteworthy sites in town and given an in-depth explanation of each landmark’s significance. If traveling between April-October, you’ll also be given the culinary experience of watching the preparation of a famous regional dish.
Your guide will meet in your hotel lobby and drive you to Shakhrisabz (90 km, 2-hour drive) via the Tahtakaracha Pass. During your city tour of Shakhrisabz you’ll get to visit:
- Downtown Shakhrisabz, unique for its town layout and architecture;
- Dorus Saodat Memorial Complex, which includes the Jahongir and Omar Sheikh Mausoleum and the 14th-century Khazratiy Imam Mosque;
- Dor-ut Tilovat Ensemble, including Kok-Gumbaz Mosque (Blue-Domed Mosque) and the burial vault of Tamerlane’s father;
- Ruins of the "Ak-Saray Palace" (White Palace), Tamerlane's summer residence, considered an astounding work of art by his contemporaries of the 14-15th century;
- If traveling between April-October, you’ll also have the chance to watch the preparation of Shakhrisabz’s famous ‘Tandir Go’sht’ (Oven Meat).
Complete your city tour of Shakhrisabz and return to Samarkand in the afternoon.
Duration of Tour:
Travel time - approximately 4 hours;
City tour time - approximately 3 hours.
- Private, local guide;
- Entrance fees to the sights included in itinerary;
- Transport throughout the city tour.