Samarkand Day Tour from Tashkent (by car)
Gur Emir, Registan, Siab Bazaar, Bibi Khanum, Shakhi-Zinda, Ulugbek Observatory
Samarkand Day Tour from Tashkent (by car) is an ideal way to experience the highlights of Uzbekistan’s most legendary city while on a tight schedule or budget. You will be transported in a comfortable, private vehicle from your hotel in Tashkent to historic Samarkand, where an experienced local guide will introduce you to the sites which ushered this city to fame.
Wind your way through the dazzle of Gur Emir, the enduring beauty of Registan Square, the mysteries of Bibi Khanum Mosque, the labyrinth of Shakhi-Zinda and the sheer ingenuity of Ulugbek Observatory. Stop for souvenirs at Siab Bazaar and take hundreds of photos along the way before returning to Tashkent in the evening.
Samarkand Day Tour from Tashkent Itinerary:
In the morning, a driver will pick you up from your Tashkent hotel at 07:30. Drive to Samarkand in a comfortable car (320 km; 3hrs, 30min) via Sirdaryo and Jizzakh. Arrive in Samarkand, the historic capital of Tamerlane's Empire that now stands at a crossroads of the world’s cultures.
Begin your private city tour of Samarkand, which will include the following:
- Gur Emir, the impressive burial site of Tamerlane and Mirzo Ulugbek;
- Registan Square (15th-17th centuries), the social and commercial center of Samarkand for centuries and Samarkand’s most famous site today. The square includes Ulugbek Madrasah, Sher-Dor Madrasah and Tilla-Kori Madrasah;
- Siab Bazaar, a multi-level complex where you can shop for souvenirs and sample sweets, fruits and Samarkand’s famous bread;
- Bibi Khanum Mosque, built by Tamerlane for his favorite wife;
- Shakhi-Zinda, a burial complex built in the 9th -14th centuries. Climb the blue-domed path and explore more than 20 small mausoleums that line the broad alleyway;
- Ulugbek Observatory, which includes the remains of a 14th -15th century sextant and an accompanying museum dedicated to this amazing astronomer’s life.
Finish your city tour around 17:30 and drive back to Tashkent, arriving around 21:00. Drop of at your hotel or Tashkent International Airport. End of Samarkand Day Tour from Tashkent (by car).
Duration of Samarkand Day Tour:
- Travel time - approximately 7 hours
- City tour time - approximately 6 hours
- Private, local guide in Samarkand;
- Entrance fees to the sights as per itinerary;
- Transport throughout the tour (1-3 ppl in sedan; 4-8 in minivan).
CITY TOUR NOTES
The tour is private with your personal guide. There will be no other people joining the tour.
Our guides will follow your own pace.
The starting time of the tour is up to you and may vary from 09.00 am to 16.00 pm.
We are happy to offer this tour for air/train passengers too. Our guide will meet you at the arrival station.
No tour reviews have been posted yet.