To begin your tour of the Fergana Valley, you’ll head to the Tashkent South Railway Station at 07:00 am. Your train will depart at 08:07 and arrive in Kokand at 12:11. Your guide will meet you at the train station to start your city tour of Kokand
, once the capital of the entire Kokand Khanate. Your tour will include:
- Excursion to the Palace of Khudoyar-Khan, an impressive 19th century mosque and most famous attraction in Kokand;
- Visit Jami Mosque, the iconic centerpiece of Chorsu Square;
- Tour of Norbutabiy Madrasah, built in the 18th century yet serving as a functional madrasah even today.
You’ll then drive to Rishtan
(50 km) to the house of well-known ceramic masters Rustam Usmanov
and Alisher Nazarov
, whose works are exhibited in world exhibitions. Your visit at the pottery master’s home will include:
- tour of the pottery workshop;
- instruction in the pottery process;
- seeing the collection of local ceramics.
Your tour will continue onward to Fergana
city (50 km). Arrive in Fergana and check-in to your hotel for the night.
For an additional payment, one of Rishtan’s artisans can give you a master class in ceramics making. The cost is 10 USD per person.