Nestled among the snowy heights of Ugam-Chatkal National Park, Uzbekistan’s largest nature reserve, is the wildly popular Chimgan Resort. Named after the main peak of the Chatkal Range and the largest town in the region, Chimgan’s otherworldly landscapes, fresh mountain air and much-acclaimed Charvak Lake are a convenient 2-hour drive from Tashkent.
The Chimgan and Charvak Day Tour is a refreshing detour from city life, an excursion to an area so exquisite that it attracts visitors from far and wide to its numerous resorts, beaches and summer camps. Spend the day among gently sloping peaks, mountain villages and the pristine waters of Charvak Lake, and you’ll quickly understand why this spot is a local favorite.
Tashkent – Chimgan Mountains – Charvak Lake – Tashkent
In the morning, depart Tashkent for the Chimgan Mountains in Ugam-Chatkal National Park (100km, 2hrs). The drive will take you through picturesque surroundings of quaint villages, gardens plots and mountain streams. Stop for photo ops at the most scenic overlooks along the way.
Upon arrival, have a short walk among its foliage and boulders and continue on to the shores of Charvak Reservoir. Bask in the sun and soak up the magnificent view before continuing your trip.
Drive down the well-known Serpentine Road to have a hot lunch at a local restaurant. Before returning to Tashkent, stop by the Ugam River to dip your feet in its cool mountain waters and take a few final photos.
Drop off at your Tashkent hotel.
Tour Duration: 7 hours
- Ride the cable cars in Beldersay Gorge to Kumbel Peak (3km).
Note: the cable cars do not always function on weekdays and may have long lines on weekends.
- Horse or donkey rides.
- Swimming in Charvak Lake in summer.
- Paraglide over Charvak Lake.
- Visit “Physics-Sun" (Solar Institute of Uzbekistan), a Soviet relic and the second largest solar furnace in the world (additional 60 km, 20USD).
- Transportation throughout the tour (1-3 ppl in sedan; 4-8 in minivan);
- Pick-up and drop-off from your Tashkent hotel.
Price doesn’t include:
- Cost of lunch;
- Additional costs for Optional Activities.