Uzbekistan Halal Travel
For centuries, Uzbekistan was an epicenter of Islamic and scientific thought in which many world-renowned scholars were taught and trained. This legacy remains evident across the country today, with the ease of Uzbekistan halal travel making it a great vacation destination for Muslim travelers.
Population: Uzbek (81%), Russian (5%), Tajik (4%), Kazakh (3%), other (7%)
Religion: Islam (93%), Christianity (5%), Other/non-religious (2%)
Halal food: Thanks to the majority Muslim population you can find halal meals in almost every restaurant and café in Uzbekistan.
- Bukhara was declared Asia’s Capital of Islamic Culture in 2020.
- Famous scientists who were born or trained in modern-day Uzbekistan include Al-Khwarizmi (Father of Algebra), Al-Biruni, Ibn Sina (Avicenna), Mirzo Ulugbek, Imam Maturidi, Al-Farg’oniy and Al-Farabi.
- Sufi scholars from the region include Abduxoliq G’ijduvoniy, Muhammad Orif Ar-Revgariy, Mahmud Anjir Fagnaviy, Ali Ramitani, Baba as-Samasi, Said Amir Kulal and Bakhouddin Naqshbandi.
- The oldest known Quran in the world, Mushaf Uthman, is preserved in Tashkent, Uzbekistan’s capital city.
- Two hadith scholars (muhaddis) are from Uzbekistan - Imam Bukhari (Samarkand city) and Imam Termizi (Termez city).
- Uzbekistan has 7000 historical and architectural monuments listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites, most of which are tied to historic Islam.
- There are around 3000 mosques in Uzbekistan.
- According to the 2019 Global Muslim Travel Index, Uzbekistan is one of the ten most attractive countries among member countries of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation.
Muslim Educational Centers in Uzbekistan
- Uzbekistan Islamic Civilization Center
- Imam al-Bukhari Islamic Institute
- Mir Arab Madrassah
- Tashkent Islamic University
- Kukeldash Madrassah
- Imam Termizi International Research Center
If you are interested in Islamic architecture, Islamic culture, Islamic art and calligraphy, you are in right place! Please check out our Uzbekistan halal travel options at Religious Tours.