Zengi-Ata Mosque, Tashkent
The Zengi-Ata Mosque is included in the basic mausoleum complex. It was built by Zengi-ata Kaziy in 1870. The mosque encloses the court yard in front of the mausoleum from the southwest. From 1914-1915 the mosque underwent restoration and was partly reconstructed: the ayvan was changed, the slope of the roof above the gallery was remade, and the southern facade was shifted.
The Namasgokh mosque here has been used for celebratory prayers. It represents the building with an extended component in a cross-section direction, with a large portal-dome in the center, lowered wings of arch-dome galleries on the sides and a wooden terrace in front of the building.
The mosque is topped by unary spherical domes: in the main building as an arch, and in the galleries, in the form of a shield. Pylons which are the base of the dome's gallery have a square shape, with the quarters extended on corners which are going down up to a socle.
The mosque is constructed from square burnt bricks, walls outside are in a black laying, inside are plastered. Originally, the interior was painted with colors and inscriptions, but many paintings haven't been preserved. Among the paintings was an inscription with the date 1870-1871 and the name of the master from Kokand - Kozh - Mukhamedi-Kokandi.