Madrassah Zengi-Ata, Tashkent
The building that surrounds on three sides a trapezoid court yard in front of the facade of the Zengi-Ata mausoleum is called a medreseh. The period of its construction was from the end of the 18th to the beginning of 20th centuries. On the door of the portal the date 1286, year of Khidjra (1832), is carved, and on the entrance door in the western darvazakhona is inscribed: 1333, year of Khidjra (1914-15); and the names of two Tashkent masters: mulla ustad Kul-beku and usta Nazar-khan.
The Khudjras are flanked by lancet vaults; darskhana and darvazakhana are topped by spherical unary domes.
The flow of the Khudjra is interrupted by two entrance rooms: checkpoint darvazakhanas in the western corner, as well as the center of the northeast part of the building. One-storied Khudjras are designed around a court yard with a series of shallow niches, which do not correspond to the size of the rooms located behind them.
Only the darvazakhana in the center of the northeast part of the court yard, and the mausoleum Zengi-Ata, which is asymmetrical and located in the corner of the court yard, are entered through portals. The medreseh is built from square baked bricks, and reconstructed sections from the period 1915-1924 were built using rectangular bricks.