Jami Mosque and Minaret, Kokand
The Jami Mosque (Djami Mosque) and Minaret were built in 1814-1817, on the orders of Umar-Khan. Its area is 97,5m x 25,5m. The mosque supported by 98 columns, 88 outside and 10 inside the winter aivan, many of which were made from whole elm trees transported from India.
Today people call these columns "Stone Trees". In the center of this area there is a 22m high minaret. Once, this minaret served as the central clock tower.
This material has been kindly provided by Ms. Elena Azarenko