Palace of Nurullah-bai, Khiva
The palace of Nurullah-bai is in the northwestern part of Dishan-Qala. It was built by Muhammad-Rahim-khan II for his son and heir Asfendiyar-khan from 1906-1912.
After the Bukhara palace of Sitorai-Mohi-Hosa, the palace represents an eclectic mix of Khivan and European architecture.
The palace includes the reception hall of Asfendiyar-Khan, courtyard, living quarters and madrassah. German colonists participated in the decoration of the ceilings, windows and parquet. Decorative ceramic tiles were manufactured in Saint Petersburg.
The original interior of the Khan's reception room is decorated with carved ganch, gilding and multi-colored paintings.