Baku City Tour
Nizami Ganjavi Avenue, Icheri Sheher, Maiden Tower, Azerbaijan National Carpet Museum, Martyrs’ Lane etc.
Baku City Tour is the perfect introduction to Azerbaijan’s capital, a half-day tour that will introduce you to its key landmarks and historical sites. Your excursion to the old city quarters will include guided tours of Maiden Tower, Palace of the Shirvanshahs, Multani Caravanserai and Market Square, a journey back in time that is bookended with strolls through scenic Nizami Ganjavi Avenue and the touching Martyrs’ Lane.
Baku’s oldest district, encapsulated within ancient stone walls and known locally as Icheri Sheher (Inner City), has been marvelously preserved while remaining highly accessible to the public. Palace of the Shirvanshahs is the finest example of medieval palace construction in Azerbaijan, while Maiden Tower’s breathtaking vantage point and mysterious origins equally captivate visitors. Meanwhile, Market Square’s Old World aura stands in stark contrast to the cosmopolitan drone of nearby Nizami Ganjavi Avenue and Rasulzade Street.
In the morning, meet your guide and driver at your Baku hotel to begin your private tour of the capital:
- Walk the lively Nizami Ganjavi Avenue, where you’ll see Nizami Ganjavi Monument, dedicated to the renowned Persian poet, before walking through popular Fountain Square and metropolitan Rasulzade Street.
- Continue to Icheri Sheher, Baku’s ancient city center, to see several historical monuments:
- Maiden Tower (date unconfirmed), an ancient fortress believed to have once been a fire temple, it is now a city symbol which affords a great view of Baku from the top.
- Palace of the Shirvanshahs (15th century), a UNESCO ensemble and Azerbaijan’s finest example of medieval architecture, it includes a mosque, bathhouse and entrance gates.
- Multani Caravanserai (15th century), built as a haven for Indian merchants and fire worshipers.
- Market Square (17th century), filled with shops selling carpets, souvenirs and antiques.
- Azerbaijan National Carpet Museum, which holds the largest collection of Azerbaijani carpets in the world, in addition to ancient jewelry, pottery and other cultural items of interest.
- Martyrs’ Lane (Shehidler Khiyabany), a touching memorial to Azerbaijanis who have perished in fighting, it also provides a beautiful view of the Caspian Sea coastline and Flame Towers.
End of Baku City Tour. Transfer back to the hotel or continue exploring Baku on your own with a visit to the 60-meter-high Baku Ferris Wheel.
Tour duration: approximately 5 hours
Good to Know: If you’re transiting through Baku and are short on time, you can still enjoy a layover city tour. Please contact us and we will arrange a specialized Baku City Tour and airport transfer for you.
- Private, local guide;
- Entrance fees to the sights as per itinerary;
- Transportation throughout the tour.
CITY TOUR NOTES
The tour is private with your personal guide. There will be no other people joining the tour.
Our guides will follow your own pace.
The starting time of the tour is up to you and may vary from 09.00 am to 16.00 pm.
We are happy to offer this tour for air/train passengers too. Our guide will meet you at the arrival station.
No tour reviews have been posted yet.