Tajikistan Visa Information
Foreign citizens (except citizens of some countries of the former Soviet Union) are required to present a valid passport and an entry visa to enter the country. The visa can be obtained in embassies of Tajikistanabroad (Austria, Belgium, Germany, Iran, China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, United States of America and Pakistan).
Tourist visa fee is 25 US$ for foreign citizens entering the Republic.
No visa is required for members of CIS countries except Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan.
The simplified order of visa issue has been established for 69 states according to which diplomatic, official, business and tourist visas issued up to 45 days can be obtained upon arrival to the territory of the Republic at the airport of Dushanbe. These countries with the simplified visa procedure include Great Britain, China, USA, FRG, Iran, France, Baltic States, Japan, Turkey and others.
A person willing to visit Tajikistan has to submit an invitation letter of a local organization, firm, enterprise or a private person for consideration to the Ministry of Foreign or Interior Affairs (depending on a purpose of visit).
Duration of consideration of the visa issuance - up to 30 working days.
In case of receiving the official permission for entry (Confirmation of invitation) this document is to be sent to the embassy of Tajikistan in that country where the foreign citizen is supposed to get a visa. The procedure of getting visa is carried out directly at the embassy.
According to the Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan "On approval of the simplified order of registration and issue of entry - exit visas of the Republic of Tajikistan to citizens of countries of the European Union, the USA and Japan" No 460 dated October 25, 2003, the visas to citizens of the above mentioned countries should be issued within 3 working days.
In accordance with the Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan No 368 dated September 12, 1998 "On checkpoints on the State Border of the Republic of Tajikistan" with further additions and changes, entry into (exit from) the country is allowed through any international checkpoint open for crossing the State Border, namely.
- urban settlement Nizhny Panj, Kumsangir district, Khatlon province,
- village Kokul, Parkhar district, Khatlon province,
- microdisctrict Tem, Khorog,
- village Ruzvay, Darvaz disctrict of GBAO (Gorno-Badakhshan region)
- village Khumrogi, Vanj district, GBAO,
- village Langar, Ishkashim district, GBAO,
- site Kizi Rabot (Gunzhbay), Murgab district, GBAO,
- village Ishkashim , Ishkashim district, GBAO,
- village Kulma, Murgab district, GBAO,
- village Kyzil Art, Murgab district, GBAO,
- checkpoint on the central highway Penjikent- Samarkand,
- village Beshteppa, Tursunzade district,
- custom post "Fotekhobod", Matchinsky district (international),
- custom post "Plotina", Nausky district for the Tadjikistan and Uzbekistan citizens,
- checkpoint on the railway station Kanibadam, Kanibadam district, Sughd province,
- checkpoint on the railway station Nau, Nausky district , Sughd province,
- checkpoint on the railway station Pakhtaabad, Tursunzade district,
- checkpoint on the railway station Khoshadi, Shaartuz district, Khatlon province,
- airports (in Dushanbe, Khujand, Kulyab, urban settlement Ayni, Rudaki district).
If foreign citizens are going to stay in Tajikistan more than three days their passports must be registered either in the hotel or in the Ministry of Interior Affairs Department of Visas and Registration (OVIR) at the place of residence.
Visitors traveling to the territory of a border zone (for example, in GBAO) are required to receive the special permission issued by a territorial department of Interior Affairs of the Ministry of Interior Affairs or by OVIR.
CITIZENS OF RUSSIAN FEDERATION with international passports ARE NOT REQUIRED TO GET A VISA for entry into or exit from Tajikistan.
Travelers accompanied by their children should consider the following:
1) Children under the age of 14 should be registered on their parents' passport. A passport including children over 6 years of age should contain their photos.
2) If a minor child travels with only one parent, is required to submit a notarized letter of consent from the other parent.
3) If a minor child (under the age of 18) travels without parents, it is required to submit a notarized letter of authorization given from both parents to the accompanying person or inviting part in Tajikistan.
4) In case of one-parent family it is required to submit notarized copies of the relevant documents that may include:
а) death certificate of the other parent;
b) certification of a single mother;
c) Form 25 issued by the Registry of Births, Marriages and Deaths if father's name was included into the birth certificate according to mother's statement;
d) court decision of unknown location of the other parent.