Batumi City Tour
Batumi Botanical Garden, Gonio Fortress, Europe Square, Batumi Boulevard, Seaside Miracle Park and attractions, Nurigeli Lake, Argo Cable Cars etc.
Batumi City Tour is a whimsical journey through one of Georgia’s most entertaining towns. Enjoy the elegance of Europe Square and Batumi Boulevard, the soaring heights of Panoramic Ferris Wheel and Argo Cable Cars and the calming ambience of Nurigeli Lake and Batumi Botanical Gardens. A great introduction to the area, Batumi City Tour is a fun and relaxing way to enjoy this Black Sea resort town.
Batumi is a city of sun and sea along the Black Sea coast, a playground of creativity and carefree culture. One look at the Gonio Fortress or Church of St. Nicholas will confirm that the city is not lacking in historical greatness, yet unlike many cities of the Caucasus, it’s Batumi’s natural and modern wonders that really draw the crowds. Be it the alcohol-spewing fountain of Chacha Tower and DNA-shaped Alphabetic Tower or the Batumi Botanical Garden and Black Sea Coast, Batumi is as memorable as it is unique.
In the morning your driver and guide will meet you at the hotel to begin your Batumi city tour, which will take you to the following sights:
- Batumi Botanical Garden, one of the largest botanic gardens in the Caucasus from which you’ll have an amazing view of the Black Sea as you discover rare vegetation from all over the world.
- A driving tour of the House of Justice, Batumi Mall, Dolphinarium, Rustaveli University, Museum of Art, Batumi Port and Orta Mosque.
- Drive to Gonio Fortress (15km, 15min), the oldest fortress in Georgia (c. 1st century AD) which spans 4.5 hectares and two millennia of buried history.
- Europe Square with its famous Medea Statue and nearby Italian Piazza Square.
- Batumi Boulevard, including a dancing fountain and Ali and Nino Monument, a celebration of true love based on a fictitious Georgian- Azeri couple.
- Seaside Miracle Park, a delightful promenade featuring:
- Panoramic Wheel, (built 2012, 55 meters), a Ferris wheel that duplicates the original ride of the early 1900s.
- Alphabetic Tower (2011, 130 meters), shape like a DNA and covered in letters of the Georgian alphabet.
- Batumi Lighthouse (1882, 21 meters), which has red lights instead of the traditional yellow.
- Nurigeli Lake, surrounded by a tree-lined park.
- Church of St. Nicolas (1871), built by the Greek community and one of Batumi’s key historical monuments today.
- Holy Mother Virgins Nativity Cathedral (1897), a gothic-style church with large stained-glass windows.
A 10 minute ride on the Argo Cable Cars will take you to the city’s peak to enjoy a panoramic view of the area, particularly gorgeous at sunset.
End of Batumi City Tour. Return to the hotel or walk the shores of the Black Sea and explore the other side of Batumi’s coast, a modern area of chic glass buildings.
Tour duration: 5-6 hours
Batumi City Tour can be arranged in the morning or the afternoon upon request.
Video of Batumi
- Private, local guide;
- Entrance fees to the sights as per itinerary, including cable car ride;
- Transportation throughout the city tour.
No tour reviews have been posted yet.