Quba and Khinalig Village Day Tour
Besh Barmag Dag, Alti Gumbaz, Arched Bridge, Qadim Quba Carpet Workshop, Afurdzhi Falls, Qechresh Forest, Tanggalti Canyon, Khinalig Village
On the Quba and Khinalig Village Day Tour you’ll step beyond Baku for a glimpse into Azerbaijan’s minority cultures. Passing through mountains, forests, canyons and waterfalls, you’ll find yourself at Six Dome Synagogue in Red Village, weaving alongside local ladies at Qadim Quba Carpet Workshop and enjoying lunch and learning among the residents of mountainous Khinalig Village (Khinalug, Khinalugh, or Khinaliq).
Azerbaijan’s northeastern district of Quba (Guba) is defined by such diversities as Afurdzhi Falls, Qechresh Forest, Tanggalti Canyon and the historic Arched Bridge. Even more unique are its sundry settlements filled with acclaimed carpet weavers, indigenous Mountain Jews and the ethnically unique Khinalig Village, whose inhabitants are eager to relay their customs to curious visitors.
A driver and guide will meet you at your Baku hotel to begin your day trip with a drive to Quba (170km, 2hrs 30min).
On the way, enjoy the views of Besh Barmag Dag (Five-Finger Mountain), a local holy site whose jagged cliffs resemble five fingers.
In Quba District you’ll visit:
- Alti Gumbaz (Six Dome Synagogue, 19th century), located in the town of Qirmizi Qasaba, also known as Red Village. The settlement is home to the Mountain Jews and is one of the world’s largest Jewish-only towns outside of Israel.
- Arched Bridge (19th century) on Kudyalchay River, a red-brick structure connecting Red Village with Quba city. Also called Kudyalchay Bridge or Red Bridge, its unique design is seen nowhere else in Azerbaijan.
- Qadim Quba Carpet Workshop, where you’ll learn about the art of traditional Azerbaijani carpet making as you watch skillful local ladies weave gigantic carpets.
Drive from Quba to Khinalig Village (50km, 1hr 30min). Stop on the way at Afurdzhi Falls before continuing through the charming Qechresh Forest and Tanggalti Canyon, whose scenic cliffs drop to a depth of 400 meters.
Arrive to Khinalig (also called Xinaliq, Khinaliq or Khinalug), an authentic village which sits at 2200 meters above sea level and lays claim to 5000 years of history. Enjoy a traditional lunch in a family home and interact with friendly village residents as you relax amid incredible mountain views.
Drive back to Baku. End of Quba and Khinalig Village Day Tour.
Tour duration: approximately 10 hours
- Private, local guide;
- Lunch, including 1 liter of bottled water per person;
- Entrance fees to the sights as per itinerary;
- Transportation throughout the tour.
CITY TOUR NOTES
The tour is private with your personal guide. There will be no other people joining the tour.
Our guides will follow your own pace.
The starting time of the tour is up to you and may vary from 09.00 am to 16.00 pm.
We are happy to offer this tour for air/train passengers too. Our guide will meet you at the arrival station.
No tour reviews have been posted yet.