Ganja City Tour
Shah Abbas Juma Mosque, City Hall Square, Javad Khan Mausoleum, Chokak Hamam, Bottle House of Ganja, Alexander Nevsky Church etc.
Ganja City Tour is a journey which combines architecture and cultural achievements to paint a historical picture of one of Azerbaijan’s most influential cities. The medieval Chokak Hamam bathhouse and Shah Abbas Juma Mosque, the revered Nijami Ganjavi and Javad Khan Mausoleums, the inspiring atmosphere of Khan’s Garden and Alexander Nevsky Church – each site is sure to enrich your appreciation of Ganja city.
Ganja, best known as the hometown of world-famous poet Nizami Ganjavi, is counted among Azerbaijan’s largest cities. Its spacious squares and conglomeration of commanding structures and pleasant parks all speak of a rich past filled with powerful dynasties, national heroes, artistic inspiration and religious influences.
Your private tour of Ganja, led by an experienced local guide, will include the following:
- Shah Abbas Juma Mosque (17th century) – Named after the great Safavid ruler who built the mosque, this spectacular red-brick structure is distinguished by twin minarets and a white dome.
- City Hall Square - Ganja’s sprawling central plaza flaunts architecture from multiple historical eras.
- Khan’s Garden - A popular shaded haven filled with fountains and tree-lined walkways which tell the story of Ganja’s history, it is also known as Khan Bagy Park or Sardar Baghi Park.
- Javad Khan Mausoleum (2005) – A simple tomb built according to medieval design for the last khan of Ganja, regarded as a national hero.
- Chokak Hamam (17th century) – This domed, medieval brick-and-clay bath house is still in operation today.
- Bottle House of Ganja (1967) – A flamboyant home with 48,000 bottles embedded into the walls which create various pictures and designs.
- Alexander Nevsky Church (19th century) – This Byzantine-style Russian Orthodox Church is filled with colorful icons and paintings.
- Nizami Ganjavi Mausoleum (dates vary) – Azerbaijan’s greatest poet was born, lived and died in Ganja, and the city proudly honors him with this massive burial vault and memorial complex.
Drive back to your hotel or original meeting point. End of Ganja City Tour.
Tour duration: approximately 4 hours
- Private, local guide;
- Entrance fees to the sights as per itinerary;
- Transportation throughout the tour.
No tour reviews have been posted yet.