In the morning, your guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel in Yerevan to begin your city tour. The first day of your private tour will include the following sights:
- Victory Park and Mother Armenia Statue, a forested green park overlooking the city and protected by the female personification of Armenia, who symbolizes strength in peace.
- Drive to Matenadaran, also known as the Mesrop Mashtots Institute of Ancient Manuscripts, which holds nearly half of the world’s 30,000 Armenian manuscripts, including original texts and early 5th-6th century writings, plus over 400,000 scientific texts in multiple other languages.
- Cascade Complex, whose 500 steps serve as a modern city symbol and house the Cafesjian Center for the Arts.
- Enjoy a stroll around the stately Armenian Opera Theater, Swan Lake and central Abovyan Street.
- Holy Mother of God Katoghike Church (13th century), one of the city’s oldest churches which is famous for the historic engravings on its walls and for its mysterious disappearance from the public eye on two occasions.
- Walk though Republic Square and Vernisaj Market, the largest souvenir bazaar in Yerevan which holds some of the finest examples of Armenian folk art, a large selection of unique jewelry and exclusive handmade masterpieces.
- Saint Gregory The Illuminator Cathedral (2001), the world’s largest Armenian Apostolic cathedral which sits atop a hill and consists of three churches, a bell tower and dozens of arches.
- Tsitsernakaberd (1967), the Armenian Genocide Memorial Complex on Tsitsernakaberd Hill which is dedicated to the victims of the massacres of the early 20th century.
Transfer back to the hotel. Overnight at the hotel in Yerevan.
Tour duration: approximately 5 hours