Classic route in Uzbekistan with OrexCA.com
Duration: 7 days, 6 nights
Kind of route: airway and motor coach tour
Accommodation: Single/Double/Twin in hotels
Tel.: (+998 93) 500 35 68
Tour itinerary: Tashkent - Urgench - Khiva - Bukhara - Shakhrisabz - Samarkand - Tashkent
The most popular tour around Uzbekistan - the crossroad of The Great Silk Road, the land of the ancient culture and the great historical values. More than 4000 architectural and archaeological monuments located in the territory of Uzbekistan, and four of them are listed in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Many of its historical spots have centuries and millenniums. Tashkent, Khiva, Bukhara, Shahrisabz, Samarkand - these are five of the main ten cities of the ancient and always young land of Moveraunnahr ("The country between two rivers").
In the deep old times these cities were a part of large state entities and were significant places of caravan's trade along The Great Silk Road, bright spots of the development for various arts and crafts, the high level town-planning, science and the culture.
This tour to Uzbekistan is specially elaborated for intellectual people interested in reach history, colorful culture and grandiose architecture of different nations living here. Tour-package consists of combination of historical, architectural and cultural components, carefully selected by OrexCA.com professionals.
Day 1 (Sat): Tashkent
Option 1: 08:30 am arrive from Geneva via Madrid. Flight No. HY260. Transfer to hotel and immediate check-in. Rest after long flight.
Option 2: 06:50 am arrive from Istanbul. Flight No. TK368. Transfer to hotel and immediate check-in. Rest after long flight.
Option 3: 08:05 am arrive from London. Flight No. HY202. Transfer to hotel and immediate check-in. Rest after long flight.
Option 4: 07:30 am arrive from Paris. Flight No. HY252. Transfer to hotel and immediate check-in. Rest after long flight.
19:00-20:00 Dinner. Overnight in Tashkent.
Excursion in Tashkent:
- The architectural complex Khazret-Imam incl. necropolis of imam Abu Bakr Muhammad al-Kaffal Shashi (15th c.);
- Barak-khan Medressa (15-16th cc.);
- Tillya Sheikh Medressa (15-16th cc.);
- Juma Mosque (15th c.);
- Imam Ismail al Bukhari Islamic Institute (16th c.);
- Kukeldash Medressa (Foster brother) (16th c.);
- Chorsu (Eski Juva) Bazaar (2nd - 1st century B.C.);
- Alisher Navoi Opera and Ballet Theatre Square (1939-1947);
- Palace of the Grand Duke Nikolay Konstantinovich Romanov (outside) (1889-1890);
- Amir Temur (Tamerlane) Square (19th c.);
- Chiming Clocks (1947 & 2009);
- The Roman Catholic Church (1913-1917).
Day 2 (Sun): Tashkent - Urgench - Khiva
06:00 Transfer to the Domestic Airport.
07:00 Departure to Urgench by flight HY1051.
08:40 Arrival to Urgench. Transfer to Khiva (35 km, 30 min).
14:00-19:00 Check-in hotel and some rest.
19:00-20:00 Dinner. Overnight in Khiva.
Excursion in Ichan Kala, Khiva:
- Kunya-Ark (Old fortress) (17th c.);
- Kalta Minor Tower (Short minaret) (1850);
- Muhammad Amin-Khan (1845-1855);
- Djuma Mosque and Minaret (18th c.);
- Tash-Hauli (Stone courtyard) Palace (19th c.);
- Ak-Mosque (White Mosque) (17th c.);
- Necropolis of Pahlavan Mahmud (1810);
- Minaret and madrassah of Islam Khodja (1908-1910).
Day 3 (Mon): Khiva - Bukhara
08:00 Transfer to Bukhara (480 km, 8-10 hrs).
13:00-14:00 Lunch in the desert (lunch-boxes).
19:00 Arrive in Bukhara. Check-in hotel.
19:30-20:30 Dinner. Overnight in Bukhara.
Day 4 (Tue): Bukhara
14:00-19:00 Continue excursion of Bukhara.
19:00-20:00 Dinner. Overnight in Bukhara.
Excursion in Bukhara:
- Mausoleum of the Samanids (9-10th cc.);
- The mausoleum of Chashma Ayub (14th c.);
- Complex Poi Kalon (Beneath the Great): Kalon Minaret (12th c.), Kalon Mosque (12th c.) and Miri Arab Medressa (16th c.);
- Ulugbeg Medressa (15th c.);
- Abdulaziz-Khan Medressa (17th c.);
- Magoki-Attari Mosque (10-16th cc.);
- Lyabi-Hauz ensemble: Khanaka and madrassah of Nadir Divan-Beghi (1620); Kukeldash Madrassah (Kulba-Kukeldash) (1568-69);
- Ark fortress (11-20th cc.): Ark citadel; Bolo Hauz Mosque; Balyand Mosque;
- Toki-Zargaron, Toki-Sarrafon, Toki-Tilpak-Furushon - shopping mall (15th-16th cc.).
Day 5 (Wed): Bukhara - Shakhrisabz - Samarkand
08:00 Transfer to Samarkand via Shakhrisabz (360 km, 5 hrs).
11:30 Arrive in Shakhrisabz.
14:00-16:00 Continue excursion of Shakhrisabz.
16:00 Continue drive to Samarkand.
17:30 Arrive in Samarkand. Check-in hotel. Rest.
19:30-20:30 Dinner. Overnight in Samarkand.
Excursion in Shakhrisabz:
- Ruins of Ak-Saray Palace (14-15th cc.);
- Dor-ut Saodat complex: Khazrati Imam Mosque (14th c.), Jahongir Mausoleum (14th c.);
- Dor-ut Tillavat complex: Gumbazi-Seiidan, Kok Gumbaz Mosque (Blue Dome) (15th c.).
Day 6 (Thu): Samarkand - Tashkent
09:00-13:00 Excursion. Check-out hotel by 12:00.
14:00-16:00 Continue excursion of Samarkand.
16:00 Transfer to the train station.
17:00 Take express train "Afrosiyob" to Tashkent.
19:10 Arrive in Tashkent.
19:30-20:30 Farewell dinner.
20:30 Transfer to hotel. Check-in. Overnight in Tashkent.
Excursion in Samarkand:
- Gur Emir Mausoleum (Tamerlane's Tomb) (14-15th cc.);
- Ruhabad Mausoleum (House of Spirit) (14th c.);
- Registan Square (A sandy place): Ulugbeg Medressa (15th c.), Sher-Dor Medressa (Having tigers) (17th c.), Tillya-Kari Medressa (Coated by gold) (17th c.);
- Cathedral Mosque Bibi-Khanym (14th c.);
- Siyab bazaar;
- Hazret-Hyzr Mosque (19th c.);
- The architectural complex Shakhi-Zinda (Alive king) (11-19th cc.);
- Ulugbek Observatory (15th c.)
Day 7 (Fri): Tashkent
Option 1: 10:30 am Transfer to the Airport. Depart to Geneva via Madrid by HY259 at 13:35.
Option 2: 04:00 am Transfer to the Airport. Depart to Istanbul by TK369 at 06:50.
Option 3: Free morning. Lunch. Check-out by 12:00. At 13:30 transfer to the Airport. Depart to London by HY201 at 16:30.
Option 4: Free morning. Lunch. Check-out by 12:00. At 12:00 transfer to the Airport. Depart to Paris by HY251 at 15:05.