Nur-Sultan City Tour (Astana)
Independence Square, Hazrat Sultan Mosque, Palace of Peace and Reconciliation, Bayterek Tower, Khan-Shatyr
If futuristic, eccentric and flamboyant cities towering from the lonely steppe are your thing, then you won’t want to miss Nur-Sultan (formerly Astana), Kazakhstan’s modern capital that attracts everyone from international businessmen, world travelers and village youth to its bustling, albeit windy, city streets.
Astana’s modern architecture and well-paved roads are bound to delight tourists needing a break from outdoor adventures and tottering ruins, so whether you’re being transported to the top of the famed Bayterek Tower, touring the Palace of Peace and Reconciliation that’s been hailed the 8th wonder of the modern world or strolling down central Nurzhol Boulevard, you’ll be glad you didn’t pass over Nur-Sultan.
The Nur-Sultan City Tour is a professional sightseeing trip around Kazakhstan’s most unusual city, where each stop will be enhanced with background information provided by your local guide. The tour includes a visit to the 21st century Hazrat Sultan Mosque, which has a capacity to hold up to 10,000 people, and the Palace of Peace and Reconciliation, built to reflect the world’s major religions. Stroll through Independence Square, Nurzhol Boulevard and Round Square before visits to the iconic Bayterek Tower and Khan-Shatyr, without which no tour of Nur-Sultan would be complete.
Your guide and driver will meet you in your hotel lobby to begin the tour of Nur-Sultan (formerly Astana). The tour will include:
- Independence Square, a marble plaza scattered with benches and symbolic sculptures whose crowning glory is the staggering 91-meter-high Kazakh Eli Monument.
- Excursion to Hazrat Sultan Mosque, boasting of the largest dome in Kazakhstan (51x28m) plus four minarets 77 meters in height. The premises are adorned with fountains and flowers while the interior impresses with massive white pillars and intricate Kazakh ornamentation.
- Continue to the Palace of Peace and Reconciliation, a huge symmetrical pyramid built by architect Norman Foster whose glass-and-granite symbol of unity holds conference halls, exhibition rooms and even an opera house.
- Cross the Ishim River and continue sightseeing along Nurzhol Boulevard. This pedestrian walkway is lined with fountains and statues that reflect Kazakhstan’s heritage and culminates in Round Square, a busy center of shops, cafes and fountains.
- Ride to the top of Bayterek Tower (a.k.a. the Tree of Life), the city’s most popular attraction which provides an amazing view of the city and the chance to place your palm in the famed golden imprint of President Nazarbayev’s hand.
- Shop at Khan-Shatyr, a unique shopping mall and entertainment center housed in the largest tent in the world. Its amazing eco structure maintains warm temps inside even during the city’s frigid winters.
Return to your hotel. End of Nur-Sultan City Tour.
Tour duration: 4-5 hours
- Private, local guide;
- Entrance fees to the sights as per itinerary;
- Transportation throughout the tour.
No tour reviews have been posted yet.