- 9:00 by bus from
Samarkand to Yangiqishloq (2 hours). Arrival at Tabiati Forish office and nature museum. Bus can park on Tabiati Forish parking place. Bus drivers can be accommodated free of charge in the office guestroom. Toilet facilities and showers available. Group has 15 minutes break.
- 11:30 continue trip in one (or more) minibus(es) (1 bus for 10 people). Minibuses can be organized (price per bus from Yangiqishloq to Asraf between 40.000 and 50.000 UZS). Arrival at Asraf at 12:15.
- 12:15 to 13:30 Lunch at Yahshigulís guesthouse. Beautiful setting with tapchans over a mountain brook, shade spending walnut and mulberry trees. Big and small groups can be catered for.
- Start at 13:30 from the guesthouse at Asraf. Easy two hours hike in the Nurata mountains to Uhum village (arrival 15:30). On the way there are great few points from where you can see Lake Aydar and the Kyzyl-Kum steppe. Horses or donkeys for riding or transportation of luggage can be organized.
- At 16:30 arrival at
Djumagulís guesthouse, where the group will stay overnight. The guesthouse has two big guestrooms. 4 people can be accommodated per room. Groups up to 8 people can stay there overnight.
- In front of the guesthouse is an old, still operating water mill, a water wheel that drives a generator and a hydro pump, which lifts river water to the guesthouse without electricity. The visit takes 30 minutes.
- Supper at Djumagulís guesthouse 18:30-20:00.
- Folklore performances by the women of the village can be arranged (10 US/hour).
- Breakfast from 8:00 - 9:00.
- At 9:00 hike to ancient petroglyphs (rock engravings) 30 minutes from the guesthouse, 15 minutes break.
- 9:45 continue to hike up the Uhum valley to Anorís guesthouse (1:45 hours).
- Arrival at Anorís guesthouse 11:30. Watch or participate in the preparation of our local dishes or in bread baking in a tandir oven. There is an old almond oil mill near by the guesthouse that the owner can show to the guests.
- Lunch will be served at 12:00 (1:30 hour rest).
- 13:30 - 14:00 visit the holy place near the guesthouse, where one of the first Islamic priests was killed by the villagers and is buried in a small mausoleum (15 minutes walk from the guesthouse).
- At 14:00 you continue the hike to Hayat village (2:30 hour), where you arrive at 16:30.
- Stay overnight at
Shiringulís guesthouse. This guesthouse has 5 big guestrooms in two separate buildings, where up to 20 people can be accommodated if 4 people are sharing a room. Shiringulís is just extending the accommodation facilities by one more building with three guestrooms. This new house is on the same premises on top of the ridge overlooking the Hayat valley. In springtime 2010 this building will be ready for use.
- 16:30 tea at Shiringulís guesthouse (30 minutes).
- 17:00 to 18:00 visit the breeding enclosure of Severtzovís argali, an endangered wild sheep. The enclosure is located near to the guesthouse. People, however, are not allowed to enter the fenced area in order not to disturb the sheep.
- Dinner at 19:00 at Shiringulís guesthouse.
- 8:30 to 9:00 breakfast.
- 9:00 leave Hayat by minibus (or taxi depending on the group size) to Lake Aydar. The guesthouse owner has a taxi. A minibus is available for hire in the village. Arrival at the lake at 10:00.
- 10:00 to 12:00 time for swimming, a walk along the lake shore, bird watching or motor boat hire. This trip is especially rewarding in spring when the whole Kyzyl-Kum steppe is covered with poppy flowers or in summer when the water is refreshing.
- 12:00 to 12:30 drive to Otaqurgon.
- 12:30 to 14:00 lunch at Otaqurgon guest yurts.
- 14:00 to 16:00 Traditional local horse game, called Kupkari, where a dead goat has to be pulled to a marked spot. To arrange a Kupkari game especially for guests costs about 50 US$.
- 16:00 leave for other destinations.
Price list per person/ day
Price (US $):
Bed and breakfast
Lunch or Lunch pack
Guide per group/day
Book the guest house via this
form or contact our reservation department by phone: Tashkent (Uzbekistan): (+998 71) 200 96 00/230 96 50