Basic Customs Rules of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Special fee for carrying out of art examination and official registration of papers
The list of goods for personal use are permitted to enter the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Guests arriving to Uzbekistan as well as residents of the Republic of Uzbekistan can import the following items to the territory of a country:
- foreign currency in cash in unlimited amount declared in a customs declaration, Form T-6. Foreign currency imported in cash in the amount of 5000 dollars US or equal amount of other currencies is allowed to be imported to our country with obligatory filling out a cus-toms declaration; foreign currency in cash in the amount exceeding the equivalent of 5000 dollars US is allowed to be imported into the Republic with Certification TC-28 issued by customs authorities. As per request of a resident or non-resident foreign currency in cash can be deposited for storage with a receipt TC-21 free of charge;
- pharmaceuticals for personal use: insulin and other antidiabetic medicaments with limited amount of 30 packages.
The indicated amount of medicines permitted for once importation is determined on the basis of approximate calculation of the amount of 10 ampoules or 30 tablets (capsules and other dosed pharmaceuticals) per a package. If a package contains more pharmaceuticals total amount of ampoules and tablets should be taken into account in accordance with the provided list.
- consumer goods of total cost not exceeding the amount equal to 10 (ten) dollars US if these goods are imported for personal use from territories of contiguous countries. These goods are not charged at the customs;
- goods of total cost not exceeding the amount equal to 1000 (thousand) dollars US if these goods are imported for personal use from territories of non-contiguous countries including Ukraine. These goods are not charged at the customs (VTA, customs duty, registration fee);
- goods for personal use are subject to excise duty in the limits of non-excise importation if these goods are imported from territories of non-contiguous countries.
Individuals should pay the following customs duty when importing goods above level for personal use:
- duty to be paid by individuals - 20% of value exceeding rate of duty-free importation;
- customs duty - as per established rates of value exceeding duty-free allowance;
- excise duty - as per established rates of value exceeding excise-free allowance;
- value added tax - 20% of value exceeding duty-free allowance added by customs duty subject to be paid, in case of excisable goods the allowance should be added by excise duty also.
Note: Individuals importing goods in the determined limits of duty-free allowance are ob-liged to fill out a
customs declaration, Form T-6.
If individuals import goods for commercial purposes they have to be registered as individual entre-preneurs with the right of export-import operations.
Items subject to customs registration
- Foreign currency in cash in the amount up to 5000 dollars US or equal amount of other cur-rencies is allowed to be imported to our country with obligatory filling out a customs decla-ration, foreign currency in cash in the amount exceeding the equivalent of 5000 dollars US is allowed to be imported into the Republic with Certification TC-28 issued by customs au-thorities.
- Precious metals and gemstones, pearls as well as jewelry and other products made of them.
- Items presenting artistic, historical, scientific or other cultural value.
- Dutiable items and values.
- Items subject to import and export under special permissions of competent state authorities of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- Items prohibited to importation to the Republic of Uzbekistan or exportation abroad.
Customs value of exported goods should not be declared:
- if customs value of exported goods does not exceed the amount equal to 1000 dollars US (except exportation of goods for commercial purposes);
- if exported goods are personal property of individuals changing their place of residence (if they have a record of being taken off the register at the previous place of residence);
- if exported goods are personal property of citizens of the Republic of Uzbekistan going out in long business trips as well as if exported goods are personal property of citizens of other countries imported these goods before and leaving the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- if exported goods are samples, advertising materials, commodities used for humanitarian purposes and other goods used for non-commercial purposes.
List of items not allowed to be imported or exported through the customs border of the Republic of Uzbekistan
It is prohibited to import the following items into the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan:
- Publications, manuscripts, clich?, pictures, illustrations, photos, photographic films, photo negatives, movie - video - audio products, gram records, sound materials, computer mag-netic data carrier aimed or related to undermine state and social regime, braking territorial integrity, political independency and state sovereignty, propagandizing war, terrorism, vio-lence, national oneness and religious hatred, racism and its variety (anti-Semitism, fascism) capable to be harmful to state interests as well as rights of citizens of the Republic of Uz-bekistan as well as pornographic materials;
- drugs, psychotropics and precursors without authorization issued by the Ministry of Public Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan as well as adjustments for opium and hashish;
- rare and vanishing animal species as well as wild drug, food and decorative plants regis-tered in Red Book without authorization of the State Committee of the Republic of Uzbeki-stan for Nature Protection;
- jewelry made of precious metals and gemstones designed for commercial purposes without License issued by Agency of Foreign Economic Relations of the Republic of Uzbekistan (free-duty allowance for jewelry made of precious metals and gemstones is 5 items with to-tal weight not exceeding 30 grams);
- medicaments and medical machines without authorization of the Ministry of Public Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- radio-electronic facilities consisted of high-frequency devices without authorization of Electromagnetic compatibility Center of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- products of vegetable and animal origin without authorization of sanitary-hygienic service;
- ozone-destroying matters and products, containing these matters, without authorization of State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan for Nature Protection;
It is prohibited to export the following items from the Republic of Uzbekistan:
- grain: wheat, rye, barley, oat, corn, buckwheat; bakery products (except floury pastry, cakes and biscuits of domestic manufacture); flour, grits, cattle, bird, flesh and alimentary sub-products, dry milk, tea raw stock, tea, sugar, vegetable oil (limited rates of exportation of these goods by individuals are stipulated by the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan);
- ethanol, rawstock (including non-Standard one), fur raw material, including karakul (non-Standard); scrap and wastes of non-ferrous metals; cocoon of silkworn suitable for unreel-ing, crude silk (non-woven), wastes of silk (including cocoons not suitable for unreeling, wastes of cocoon thread and loose waste);
- armament and ammunition, military technology, spare parts, components and completing devices if they are not used in other fields; explosives, firing devices, powder as well as special materials and equipment designed for their manufacture, special equipment of per-sonnel of military organizations, archive and normative-technical documentation for their production and operation.
Note: items indicated in this clause can be exported under permission of the Cabinet of Mi-nisters of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- Nuclear materials (including those in the form of heat-generating assembly), technology, special non-nuclear materials - sources of ionizing radiation.
- Rocket and space complex, communication and control systems, normative-technical do-cumentation for their production and operation.
- Results of research and project activity as well as fundamental research activities on arma-ment and military technology production.
- Cancelled securities, precious and rare earth metals, their half-finished products and raw al-loys as well as their wastes and scraps, precious and semiprecious stones.
Note: items indicated in this clause can be exported under permission of the Cabinet of Mi-nisters of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- Art work and antiquities (pictures, sculptures, images, watercolors, various gravures, mi-niatures, products made of porcelain, crystal, ceramic, wood, leather, precious and non-ferrous stones and metals, bones, national artistic handicrafts, tapestry, furniture, artistic arm and shoes, numismatics, artistic arm, books, manuscripts, gramophone records, postage stamps and others) and other items presenting significant artistic, scientific or other cultural value.
Note: items indicated in this clause can be exported under permission of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan on agreement with MFERIT (Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations, Investment and Trade) of the Republic of Uzbekistan. They are duti-able in the amount of 100% of value indicated in permissions for export.
- Horns of saiga, maral, axis deer, Manchurian deer as well as other wild animals.
Note: items indicated in this clause can be exported by specialized organizations under special permissions of MFERIT on agreement with Ministry of Agriculture and State Committee of Nature. Foreign travelers having tours (tourist vouchers) for hunting in the Republic of Uzbekistan are allowed to export from the Republic of Uzbekistan ossified horns of Manchurian deers and marals as hunting trophies shot by them in the period from September to December.
- Animals (including rare and racy species), plants, decorative plants registered in Red Book of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- Items that are prohibited to export in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Uz-bekistan valid at the moment of their crossing the customs border of the Republic of Uz-bekistan as well as the abovementioned products, matters and facilities subject to prohibition of import into Uzbekistan.
It is allowed to export the following items from the Republic of Uzbekistan:
(Article 12. Exportation of seeds, plants and products of vegetable origin. Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On quarantine of plants" dd 31.08.1995, No 113-I)
Seeds, planting stock, plants, strain agent of disease, other biological objects and products of vege-table origin exported from the Republic should comply with conditions stipulated by international agreements on quarantine and protection of plants and should not be registered in the List of bio-logical objects that are not subject to import from the Republic of Uzbekistan. Each lot of exported seeds, plants and products of vegetable origin should be accompanied with Phytosanitary Certifi-cate of a Standard type.
Organizations exporting seeds, plants and products of vegetable origin are obliged to notify State service authorities responsible for quarantine of plants of related provinces and regions about the proposed shipment not later than thirty days before shipment of the indicated products beyond this country. Together with them these organizations are obliged to choose places where the products should be reasonably shipped from and to provide the exported products for inspection within a period of fifteen days before the shipment.
Phytosanitary certificate can be issued by territorial state inspection office of plants quarantine located in place of residence of the individual. Residents of Tashkent may address to the Inspection office in Tashkent, address: Abdulla Kakhhar str., 39 (Tel.: 255-24-10, 254-98-79).
Citizens intending to send a parcel with "plant" products should know that every Thursday from 8.00 to 11.30 state authorities of city inspection of plant quarantine work in a building of OJSC "Halkaro pochtampt" located on the right side from central entrance of North Trains Station. They can give necessary information on transition of goods being under control of their Department.
Export and import of foreign currency in cash beyond the Republic of Uzbekistan
Export of cash foreign currency beyond the Republic of Uzbekistan is allowed to:
а) residents in the limits of the amount equal to 2000 (two thousand) dollars US without permission;
b) residents above the amount equal from 2000 (two thousand) to 5000 (five thousand) dollars US - with a permission issued by the Central Bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan or authorized banks, Form N09006;
c) residents above the amount equal from 5000 (five thousand) dollars US - with a permission issued by the Central Bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan or authorized banks, Form N09006;
d) non-residents - in the limits of the amount exported into the Republic in accordance with customs declaration. Export of foreign currency in cash exceeding amount declared in customs decla-ration is allowed under permission of the Central Bank or authorized banks.
Individuals should submit the following documents to the Central Bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan for getting permission of the Bank:
а) application with indication of first, second name and patronymic name of the individual as well as the address where he/she resides; exported amount; purpose of use of foreign currency in cash beyond the Republic;
b) passport or identity card of a person without citizenship or its copies.
Consideration period of application - not more than ten days from the date of its submission to the Central Bank.
Transfer of permission of any individual to another individual on the basis of notarized letter of authorization is not allowed.
If foreign currency in cash, commodities and materials as well as other accessories were not declared in customs declaration and were not presented to custom officer as per his request, it is con-sidered as an infringement of customs legislation. Service documents should be drawn up accord-ing to articles of customs code of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Import of foreign currency in cash
The amount of foreign currency in cash imported into the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan is not limited under condition of its obligatory declaration in written form. Foreign currency in cash in the amount less than 5000 dollars US can or equal amount of other currencies can pass to the Republic of Uzbekistan with obligatory completing customs declaration. Customs authorities issue Certificate, Form TC-28 when foreign currency in cash exceeds 5000 dollars US is allowed by cus-toms authorities to pass to the Republic with Certificate, Form TC-28.
Import and export of national currency in cash of the Republic of Uzbekistan
National currency in cash of the Republic of Uzbekistan transferring by individuals through the border of the Republic of Uzbekistan should be declared by customs authorities:
- up to 5 minimal wage - without registration of Form T-6 in customs declaration;
- above 5 minimal wage - with obligatory registration of Form T-6 in customs declaration.
You must know that national currency in cash of the Republic of Uzbekistan is not allowed to be imported or exported by legal person -residents or non-residents, except the Central Bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan as well as authorized banks under permission of the Central Bank.
Export of cultural values beyond the Republic of Uzbekistan
Cultural values created fifty or more years ago are not subject to export from Republic of Uzbekistan
The list of items related to cultural values is consisted of:
- things related to historical events in nations' life, evolution of society and state, history of science and technology as well as those related to life period and activity of outstanding people (statesmen, politics, public figures, thinkers, people of science, literature and art);
- different kinds of arm presenting historical, artistic, scientific and other cultural value;
- artistic values containing precious metals and gemstones;
- things and their fragments presenting outputs of archeological digging or investigations and findings, samples of soil, archeology, geology and others;
- pictures and images entirely hand-made on any base and of any materials;
- original sculpture work made of any materials including reliefs;
- original artistic compositions and installations of any materials;
- cult-objects in artstyle design;
- ethnographic objects;
- gravure, print, lithograph, xylograph and other kinds of graphic and their original printing forms;
- products of decorative and applied arts (artistic items made of glass, ceramic, wood, tissue and other materials);
- products of national artistic handicrafts;
- component parts and fragments of architectural, historical, artistic memorials and sites of monumental art;
- ancient books as well as publications presenting historical, science-artistic and literary in-terest themselves or in the form of collections;
- rare manuscripts and recorded memorials and archives;
- photo-, phono-, film- and videomaterials;
- music instruments;
- items of philately, numismatics, faleristics, bonistics, sphragistics and other collections;
- coins, orders, medals, seals, postage cards (envelopes) and other objects of collecting;
- rare collections and patterns of flora and fauna as well as samples presenting interest for such scientific branches like mineralogy, paleontology and anatomy;
- household devices and scientific instruments useful in household and presenting cultural significance (timepieces, barometers, balance, binocular, photo-, cinema apparatus, sewing machines etc.);
- other movable items including copies presenting historical, scientific and artistic or other value as well as those protected by the government as historical and cultural monuments.
List of cultural values created for the last fifty years and not requiring certificates for their exportation
- carpets, carpet products, suzanne (machine-aided manufacture);
- electrical-music instruments;
- reproductions of pictures, icons, art albums and plates;
- souvenirs, products made of ceramic, porcelain, crystal, glass, wood and metal manufac-tured at factory (except products of foreign manufacture);
- belles-lettres, popular literature and books for children, consisted of 1or 2 volumes;
- scientific and educational literature bought by foreign scientists and specialists staying in Uzbekistan on exchange program of science and technology, foreign citizens studying in Uzbekistan as well as scientists, specialists, students and learners of the Republic of Uz-bekistan sent in an assignment abroad;
- state-of-art jewelry made of precious metals and gemstones probed by the State Standard (number of jewelry allowed to export is determined by the customs legislation);
- personal awards allowed to wear at availability of Order Cards and decoration certificates;
- items of national art crafts and fine and applied arts, created over the last 50 years which export certificate is not required:
1. Carving on gypsum - chandeliers, sconce, mirrors, statuettes.
2. Woodcarving - all kinds of items of mass production up to 20 cm height.
3. Carving on bone - souvenir items, small plastic arts, netsuke, caskets.
4. Carving on stone - balusters, banisters; souvenir items, small plastic arts, netsuke, caskets; desk sets; candlesticks; heraldry and state symbols; ornaments from jobbing stones.
5. Items of national crafts, made of wood - kitchen accessories (rolling pins, saltcellars, bread bins, oil mills, mortars, chopping boards, "chakichi" - stamp for pricking the middle of traditional bread); cradles, children's walkers, "beshiks" (traditional cots) and accessories for them; turning figured items; a backgammon; chessboards and figures.
6. Metal wares and tins - figured pipes and drains; moulded articles (door and window handles, latches, chains, bells, candlesticks); kitchen accessories; souvenir items (earrings, rings, bracelets, costume, imitation jewelry).
7. Sabres, daggers and knifes - national knives.
8. Stamping items - teabowls, plates, trays, vases, chilim, candlesticks, chandeliers, sconce, door rings, door and window canopies, handles, chains, locks; knife sheathes, kitchen utensils.
9. Porcelain, faience, ceramics - tandirs (traditional ovens); items up to 20 cm height.
10. Hand carpet weaving - felt items.
11. Hand weaving and knitting - atlas, bekasam, adras, turban, the fabrics made of natural silk, cotton, woollen and synthetic threads; hand and mechanically knitted items (down and woollen scarves, gloves, mittens, "djurabs" - thick knitted socks, socks, headdresses).
12. Glass items - sconce, small plastic arts, souvenir items, ornaments (amulets, tasbeeh, beads), made by art blowing-out techniques; the items made with pattern and ornament on glass and mirror.
13. Orris items - fans, covers on a teapot, headdresses.
14. Embroidery - small items with partial hand embroidery (50 cm х 50 cm).
15. Heel-tap and stitch sewing - national clothes, national blankets and kurpacha (traditional bedding), pillows ("lula", "bolish"); belts; ribbons (jiyaki); bags.
16. National dressing gowns and headdresses - dressing gowns (chapan, yaktak, waistcoats, children's dressing gowns, wedding dressing gowns); skullcaps; caps; turban; the headdresses made of fur, astrakhan fur and materials with hand weaving.
17. Musical instruments - musical instruments as souvenirs.
18. Miniature, painting, ornamental and enamel enamel painting - miniature, landscape and ornamental painting on a pumpkin, bones, papier-mache.
19. Items from volume and figured forms of casting - items made by casting techniques from natural and synthetic building materials (stalactites, friezes, frameworks, eaves, chandeliers, sconce; round, oval and angular forms of ornaments; columns); architectural decor elements, and also items cast by "rule of thumb" method from copper, bronze, pig-iron, aluminum.
20. Small sculptural arts - sculptural forms made of various kinds of natural and artificial materials (plaster, coal clay, copper, bronze, aluminum, bone, wood, stone, ceramics, porcelain, faience), except sculptural arts above 20 cm height.
21. Toys - toys and dolls made of wood, metal, plaster, fabric, ceramics and other natural and artificial materials.
22. Weaving - the wattled items made of vegetative materials (cane, willow, straws, rod, branches of different trees).
23. Items from leather and footwear - female "ichigi" (makhsi) and "kovushi"; man's chrome "ichigi" and "ichigi"; saddles and harnesses, belts, belts, national waistcoats.
24. Souvenir items - souvenir and gift items made of various natural and artificial materials (amulets, tasbeeh. Beads, earrings, rings, bracelets, costume jewellery, belts, and badges).
It is necessary to get a certificate to export the items not included into the list above:
- To get a permission certificate for exportation of cultural values on a permanent or tempo-rary basis the owner is obliged to submit in advance a written application of a Standard form, a list and two photographs of each item included into the application for export to the Ministry of Culture and Sport as well as to provide these items themselves. Photographs are not required for exportation of items of mass and serial production and music instru-ments with nameplates. Two copies of the list should be provided for export of publica-tions.
- The application should be submitted to the Department of Art Expertise (export-import of cultural values) at the Ministry of Culture and Sport, address:
- Lashkarbegi str., 19 (ref.point metro station Khamid Alimjan on the opposite side of Lithuanian Embassy),
- Tel. (+998 71) 237-07-38.
- Cultural values applied for exportation are considered by authorized art critics and experts. If necessary, out-of-staff experts among high-qualified specialists can be attracted to the expertise on agreement basis. In particular cases council of experts should be convened. Composition of the council is approved by the Ministry of Culture and Sport of the Repub-lic of Uzbekistan. Review of the items and preparation of expertise report on opportunity of exportation of these items are carried out when the owner is absent, however the owner can be called to clarify some questions if they arise. Reports of the experts present recommen-dations. They are considered upon making a final decision on issuance of certificates on exportation of cultural values.
If necessary the items expertise can be provided on their location.
- Certificate on export of cultural values from the Republic of Uzbekistan on a permanent or temporary basis should be signed by an authorized person of the Ministry of Culture and Sport of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Certificate on export (transfer) of cultural values from the Republic of Uzbekistan is valid within three months from the date of its issuance.
- In necessary cases documents confirming a form of disposition of rights established by law on the item of the previous owner as well as documents showing the price of this item (bills, receipts etc.) should be provided.
- Period of the art expertise should not exceed ten days. It depends on number of items de-clared in application for export, their condition and complexity degree of the expertise.
- Minister of Culture and Sport of the Republic of Uzbekistan and authorized personnel of the Ministry of Certificates issuance for exportation of cultural values bear personal respon-sibility for complying with rules stipulated by this Provision (clause in edition of the Reso-lution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dd 06/07/2005, No156).
Procedure of exportation of cultural values on a permanent or temporary basis
- Upon issuance of exportation on a blank of certificate and each sheet of the list of cultural values subject to export, a stamp of a Standard form with indication of certificate number, date of certificate issuance and signature of the person authorized to issue this certificate should be set on the reverse side of cultural values permitted for exportation.
- Stamp should be set on the reverse side of artworks permitted for exportation; music in-struments and carpet products permitted for exportation should be sealed.
* The minimum salary on 15 December 2014 amounts to 118 400 sum.
||Items of cultural values
||In % to the minimum salary (from - to) *
||Books (one item)
||Voluminous encyclopaedias (one item)
||Painting, sculpture 1 name (including diptych, triptych, series united by one theme, event)
- Exported or imported by the author
||Drawing up to 10 sheets (as 1 item)
- Exported or imported by the author
||Items of Fine and Applied Arts
||Art objects made of silver (except tableware)
||Batch production items
||Art furniture, household appliances
||Items containing audiovisual information or other electronic storage medium
||Electronic or magnetic carriers of audioinformation
||Samples of soils, archaeological, geological and other samples
||Items exported with return import or imported with return export
||Marks, badges, signs, other items of collecting
||Certificate (Article in edition of the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan from 6/7/2005 N 156)